Monday, May 17, 2010

Lessons from the Book of Mormon

In the last week I finally decided that I needed to start the Book of Mormon again. I've felt that I haven't had time to do much of anything, especially since I was sick for so long. I have a terrible time sitting down and reading from a book so I decided to download the Book of Mormon on CD from the LDS.org site. Since I started listening, I'm reminded of many lessons learned in my high school seminary and college institute classes. It amazes me how you can put your self in the same situations as people in the book or Mormon. I truly know that the Book of Mormon is for our day. It is here to remind us that Heavenly Father was there for them and is here for us.

I just finished the first book of Nephi today and the very last verse caught my attention. It reads:

"30 Wherefore, my brethren, I would that ye should consider that the things which have been written upon the plates of brass are true; and they testify that a man must be obedient to the commandments of God.
31 Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen."

(1st Nephi 22:30-31)

I love that this is repeated throughout the Book that if we keep the commandments and endure to the end, we will be saved in the last day. What a wonderful promise to all.
I'm sure I will be adding more lessons that I've learned from this wonderful book!

No comments:

Post a Comment