Saturday, May 22, 2010

Words of King Benjamin

I can't believe how far I've gotten when listening to the scriptures. I think I'm starting to understand more and more. I'm currently in the first part of Mosiah where King Benjamin is speaking to his people. As I was listening to his words, it reminded me of how wonderful it is to have a prophet today to lead and guide us just like King Benjamin did in his day. A few verses got to me today.

"30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not."
(Mosiah 4:30)

"33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."
(Mosiah 7:33)

If we put our trust in Heavenly Father we will be okay. I love how it is put into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment